Posted by Strive
on October 23, 2012 / Posted in Personal Training
It is a team effort to get you to your fitness goals. As a PT I keep you on track and accountable and motivate, challenge and support you and provide you with programs that match your fitness goals. You also play a massive role and are responsible for your regular exercise, healthy eating and keeping yourself well.
Sometimes aches and pains can take us off track…my clients are often asking me to recommend someone they can see to help them. It is really important that you get onto any aches, pains or injuries early in order for a fast recovery and to prevent making the situation worse by “pushing through the pain”. Your discomfort could be from an old injury, your body reacting to high impact training, incorrect posture, unsupportive training shoes, hormonal or digestion issues, stress, tension or all of the above.
You know your body better than anyone, so if something doesn’t feel right, deal with it early rather than potentially having to deal with something much worse later. You are responsible for keeping yourself well and your health is the worse thing you can procrastinate. Prioritise your health and stay on track!
Below is a list of local Brisbane providers that I can personally recommend and that can be a part of our team, if required, to get you to where you want to be.
- Call April Dawson on 07 3356 6166 – located Grange (North Brisbane)
Posted by Strive
on October 17, 2012 / Posted in Personal Training
Last night Christina Dallis, a local dietician (Shape Nutrition), presented to my Milton Bootcamp group. For the lovely ladies that wanted to be there and missed the session, or anyone interested, see the main points below.
- Breaky – don’t skip it and once you are awake, the earlier you have it the better
- Carbohydrates are the bodies preferred energy source and they still play a role even if your goal is to lose weight
- Lunch – where you can make lunch your main meal of the day and include a complex cabohydrate. Often when you are trying to lose weight you cut out the carbs and go for a salad but then you aren’t full for long and your energy drops in the afternoon. Add a complex carb to your salad to give you energy, stabilise your blood sugar levels and to keep you full for longer e.g. wrap, brown rice, quinoa, whole grain crackers
- Dinner – if you are eating after 8pm, keep your meal as protein and reduce or cut out carbs as your body will store them over night
- Watch all those little snacks. You might be having good healthy main meals and then snacking here and there which might be taking you over the line. Keep a food diary to become aware of what you are eating and when
- Lack of sleep and stress impact hormone levels which in turn impact appetite
and your ability to lose weight
- Aim for a balanced way of eating as your body craves nutrients when you cut them out e.g. carbs
- Coffee – it is recommended that you consume less than 3 cups a day and be careful of the extras – sugar, milk, creams, syrups etc
- A piece of fruit pre-workout will help you to burn more calories and give you more energy during your session
Thanks Christina! If anyone would like further advice from Christina, visit her website and contact her directly.
Posted by Strive
on October 16, 2012 / Posted in News
I am sooooooo excited! I’m living out a big dream…I own my own business and I LOVE what I do. Everyday I help people improve their lives!!
If you are a Strive Client reading this, thank you so much for your support and I look forward to continuing to help you with your goals.
For anyone looking for life or business coaching or a personal trainer, check out what Services I offer and Contact me to see how I can help.
Play around on my website to find out what I do and my inspiration, Upcoming Events, check out Strive action shots in my gallery, try using my Goal Planner to get on track and visit the Strive Facebook Page to see what Strive Clients are up to.
What are you really passionate about?? How are things going in all the different areas of your life? You only get one shot at life…be the best you can be!!